Monero is a secure, private, untraceable, and fungible digital currency - Learn more
Vol. 01, No. 19 December 26, 2017 January 1, 2018
Happy New Year!
Credit to @helloluis
Happy New Year to all the readers! To reflect on how far Monero has come this year, Monero started the year at a price of $13.78 (~$177m market cap)! That means in 2017 Monero increased in value by ~2,533% to ~$5.1b vs Bitcoin increasing in value by 1,469%. Hopefully 2018 will be another fruitful year for all Monero supporters!
Monero at the N.A. Bitcoin Conference
Fluffypony will be presenting at the North American Bitcoin Conference on Jan. 17-19. He will be speaking during two sessions, first titled “THE FUTURE OF MONERO,” and the second titled “WHY PEOPLE SHOULD TROLL MORE.”
MRL Monthly Report
Sarang Noether of the Monero Research Lab posted a December monthly report. He discussed bulletproofs, multisigs, SPECTRE, educational outreach opportunities, and efficient zk-SNARKS without trusted setup.
Monero @ 34c3 Leipzig
BlockTower Discussed Monero on CNBCAri Paul, BlockTower Capital CIO and co-founder briefly discussed Monero on CNBC. He claims it is his favorite alt coin, full transcript below.
Reporter: ... Whats your favorite crypto currency at this point, in terms of upside?
Ari Paul: In terms of favorite crypto currency, its hard to pick one, but one that i think has real fundamental value aside from bitcoin is Monero. Monero is a privacy focused crypto currency with very strong engineering.
Reporter: Isn't that the one used by criminals?
Ari Paul: Everything is used by criminals including the US Dollar and the Euro.
OKEX Adds MoneroOKEX Exchange announced that they have launched Monero trading. OKEX is the 5th largest exchange in the world by volume.
Live Price Tracking
Around the Web
Fluffypony tweeted that single-output Bulletproofs code is merged and will be live as part of the March hard fork.
- Chris DeRose from ‘Bitcoin Uncensored’ announced that they he is now accepting Monero tips for show expenses. Thanks to the donations, he was able to raise funds for the next three conferences on his schedule.
- An Unknown Amount, a Monero block explorer, was launched.
- VideoLAN is now accepting donations in Monero.
SerHack is looking for community feedback on selecting the title for the ebook/book of Monero.
MoneroMike.com was launched, a blog discussing Monero.
- PinkDate, a company aiming to be a Tinder-like escorting platform is using Monero to raise startup capital.
- There is a Monero meetup on January 2nd in Los Angeles.
- u/Samnews9 posted a new article titled, “Trade Recommendation: Monero.”
- Monero is now back and available on Shapeshift after some downtime.
Siraj Rival posted a video on YouTube describing in detail how Monero works.
- Kill The Beast Buy Bitcoin posted a video on YouTube titled, “Deadpool Explains Monero - Altcoin of the Week.”
- Coin Street posted a guide on how to buy Monero at Binance.
- MyCryptopedia posted an article explaining Monero ring signatures.
Crypto Investors Guide posted a Monero analysis investor guide.
- Crypto Column posted a beginner’s guide on how to mine Monero.
Bitcoin Beginner posted a privacy coin comparison, comparing XMR, ZEC, XZC, PVIX, NAV, and XVG.
- BitLaunch posted a guide on how to setup a DIY Bitcoin (or Monero) VPN.
Coin Raja posted a guide on how to buy Monero with cash or a credit/debit card.
Shopping with Monero
Forum Funding System
Top 5 r/Monero posts of the last few weeks
- Monero - The very best crypto
- Centralized "Banker coins" gaining momentum VS Decentralized "Anti-banker" coins like Monero
- Monero, Bitcoin's BadAss cousin
- We're back on Shapeshift. <3
- An update on the Monero Hardware Wallet with pictures #34c3
Until next time…
Enjoy this webcomic by u/RoyalMayonnaise
- Vol. 01, No. 19 12/26/17 1/1/18
- Vol. 01, No. 17-18 12/5/17 12/25/17
- Vol. 01, No. 16 11/28/17 12/4/17
- Vol. 01, No. 15 11/21/17 11/27/17
- Vol. 01, No. 14 11/14/17 11/20/17
- Vol. 01, No. 13 11/7/17 11/13/17
- Vol. 01, No. 12 10/31/17 11/6/17
- Vol. 01, No. 11 10/24/17 10/30/17
- Vol. 01, No. 10 10/17/17 10/23/17
- Vol. 01, No. 09 10/10/17 10/16/17
- Vol. 01, No. 08 10/3/17 10/9/17
- Vol. 01, No. 07 9/26/17 10/2/17
- Vol. 01, No. 06 9/19/17 9/25/17
- Vol. 01, No. 05 9/12/17 9/18/17
- Vol. 01, No. 04 9/5/17 9/11/17
- Vol. 01, No. 03 8/29/17 9/4/17
- Vol. 01, No. 02 8/22/17 8/28/17
- Vol. 01, No. 01 8/15/17 8/21/17
Interested in receiving the latest Monero Observer issues? Sign up with your email address to begin your free subscription.
Monero Observer is a free weekly news publication released every Tuesday, created in an effort to keep the Monero community up to date on all the latest news and developments related to Monero. We aim to achieve this by aggregating all the relevant information into one convenient location in an easy-to-digest format. We sift through the noise so you don’t have to.
Monero Observer is proudly funded by the Monero Community! It is operated and maintained by monerooby_doo. Donations (XMR) are greatly appreciated:
Please email any questions, feedback, corrections, suggestions, or anything you think should be included in future issues.
The HTML/CSS front-end templates were created and donated by u/tficharmers.
This site contains opinion for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Information may contain errors and omissions. Use solely at your own risk. The authors of this site and/or the authors of articles linked to from this site may have financial investments that may bias their opinions, including ownership of Monero currency. Always do your own research, form your own opinions, and never take risks with money or trust third parties without verifying their credibility.